- “The South China Sea: Still no War on the Horizon”, Asian Survey, 55(3), May/June 2015: 596-617.
- ”China’s Maritime Embroilments” (with Lowell
Dittmer), Asian Survey, 55(3), May/June 2015: 447-454. I am co-
editor for this special issue, which is the outcom
e of a conference I organised on “Collaboration at 2Sea”.
- “Chinese Soft Power and ASEAN’s Constructive Engagement: Sino-ASEAN relations and the South China Sea”, Kyoto Review of Southeast Asia, Issue 15 (March 2014). [English] [Bahasa Indonesian] [Japanese] [Thai]
- “Why is there a relative peace in the South China Sea?” in Pavin Chachavalpongpun, Entering Uncharterd Waters? ASEAN and The South China Sea Dispute, Singapore: Institute of Southeast Asian Studies, 2014.
- ”Kinas mjuka makt – Finns den? Vad betyder den?”, Kinarapport 4/2012, 2012: pp. 28-31.
- “The South China Sea Conflict and Sino-ASEAN Relations: A Study in Conflict Prevention and Peace Building”, Asian Perspective, 34: 3, 2010.
East Asia | China | South China Sea | Belt & Road | North Korea | War Studies | Conflict Management |