I am conducting research on Chna and East Asia focsuing on securty and strategy as well as economic factors. My emphasise tend to be on the role and impact of China. A common theme for much of my research is China’s role in the region and the world. I am also interested in conflict management and peacebuilding.
Currently I am pursuing research on China and East Asian security and strategy broadly defined. I have a particular interest in:
– China’s forign policy and role in the world
– Power shift [more information]
– the Belt and Road initiative
– the South China Sea
– the North Korean nuclear conflict
– the Taiwan Issue
I have also pursued research on track-two diplomacy, conflict management and peacebuilding as well as Sino-Russian and Europe’s relations with China and East Asia.
Other areas where I am currently conducting research:
– a joint project with the Association of Foreign Relations (Taiwan) on Beijing-Washington Power Shift in the South China Sea after the ruling of the International Court of Arbitration.
– Collaboration at Sea: Maritime Security in East Asia